Centre Manager – Leicester & Huddersfield
Responsible to Head Office
Locations: Leicester & Huddersfield.
Duration: From 29th June to 30th July 2019.
Hours: Full time (6 day week)
Salary: £550.00 per week + Holiday pay
Main purpose of job
The CD is responsible for managing and supporting a Centre Management Team (CMT) and leading the centre, ensuring the smooth running of the summer school and ensuring that it is of the highest possible standard so that the students derive the maximum benefit from their study holiday. The CD has an important role in the safeguarding and welfare of the students and is the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) for the centre.
Duties will include
- Assist the MD in the implementation, monitoring and planning regarding the summer school programme in terms of the leisure programme, transportation, student welfare, staffing and training and customer service functions. Assistance should be given regarding the academic programme when and where necessary.
- Be the focal point of the Centre Management Team (CMT) consisting of Director of Studies (DoS) and AM Team (Activity Management Team comprising of 3 returning staff with a subdivision of the role between AMT-welfare, accommodation & administration, AMT-Activities & Excursions, AMT- Area Projects, FTTS & Excursion information) ensuring it runs in a harmonious way, whilst acting as the principal representative of the company on site.
- You will ensure that all safety procedures are followed in line with the law, British Council best practice and taking into account any regulations imposed by the university, using a commonsense approach.
- You act as the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and must be aware that this role may require specific confidentiality.
- Emergency phone – form the main person responsible for the 24/7 emergency line except on your day off or time off during the day when this is delegated.
- HR – you are ultimately responsible for any further recruitment and essentially the management, training, monitoring and development of your team and so need to foster a positive open and friendly team working environment.
- You are ultimately responsible for the reporting and updating of all risk assessments both for the site and all activities and excursions.
- You are ultimately responsible for ensuring all administration and paperwork is up to date and passed on to the company. Notes must be kept of meetings and communication channels must flow. Brief weekly reports and a more detailed final report must be filed at the end of the summer school for analysis, improvement and continuity.
- Customer service – as the representative of the company you must develop a good rapport with the Group leaders (GLs) and conduct their Inductions. You must review all customer feedback questionnaires (initial and end of course for students and excursion feedback forms in addition for the GLs). You must report and act on any negative feedback as quickly as possible (certainly within 24 hours but preferably before). We want everyone to have a very positive experience at the summer school so in the event of a complaint it must be investigated and solved quickly.
- You are responsible for managing the budgets and ensuring they are adhered to. Please try to prevent waste and look into ways of preventing this and increasing cost efficiency.
- You are responsible for monitoring suppliers and ensuring they are adhering to their agreements and providing a safe and quality service. You or the CMT may have to source suppliers and negotiate favourable rates on behalf of TUK.
- You are the main contact with the University and you must report to Trinity UK MD.
- You are overall responsible for the smooth running of the summer school and you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as may reasonably be required.
- The dates of your employment and rate of pay appear in your letter of appointment and contract along with the terms and conditions.
- Native or native level English speaker
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Proven leadership skills
- Exceptional people management skills
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure
- Safeguarding qualifications, minimum Level 2, preferably level 3
- A clean DBS Check or equivalent for country/ies of residence
- Summer school experience
- Management experience
- Proven ability to work well in a team