Responsible to Centre Director
Locations: Leicester, Lampeter & Huddersfield
Duration: From 29th June to 31st July 2019
Hours: full time (6 day week)
Salary: £375.00 per week + Holiday pay
Main purpose of job
The Activities Manager is responsible for supervising and supporting a team of Activity Leaders and ensuring the smooth running of the activities and excursion programme. The Activities Manager is part of the Centre Management Team along with the CD and Director of Studies.
Duties will include
- Overseeing the assignment of duties to ALs
- Liaising with the GLs for the benefit of their students
- Ensuring a high level of pastoral care.
- Ensuring staff put the interests of students first and quickly manage any problems of discipline or otherwise successfully
- Ensuring staff complete documentation
- Hold staff appraisals
- Working to ensure the high standard of the activity and excursion programme
- Holding regular meetings and provide support and guidance to activity leaders
- Monitoring and maintaining staff levels and assisting with local recruitment in the event of need
- Effectively managing resources and materials, including making sure that they are returned to safe keeping
- Assisting with the induction, meeting and greeting of new student arrivals and attending Welcome meetings
- Close collaboration with and reporting all incidents to the CD to ensure the smooth running of the centre : liaising with GLs and Venue staff when necessary.
- Completing activity leaders hours for the CD for payroll
- Ensuring all staff are actively aware of accident and emergency procedures
- Reporting to the Centre Director and Trinity UK management and cooperating with British Council procedures, documentation and inspectors.
- Assisting the CD in the set-up and shut down of the centre and in the day-to-day running of the centre
- Some weeks you may be required to work in excess of 48 hours. You will therefore be asked to ‘opt out’ of the 48-hour Working Time Directive.
- Good level English speaker. All communication in English.
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Proven leadership skills
- Exceptional people management skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure
- Experience of working in a summer school environment
- Proven ability to work well in a team