Match vs Fit vs Suit
Match means that two things are the same or very similar.
- Your blue shirt matches your blue eyes.
- Our cars match! They’re both red hatchbacks!
Fit means that something is the correct size. This is a fact, not an opinion.
- My glasses don’t fit.
- I can’t fit into my jeans. I think I put on weight!
Suit means that something looks good on someone. It’s used to pay someone a compliment.
- That dress really suits you.
- Those shoes don’t suit you. You should wear something more formal.
Watch a video and answer the questions below
My hat is red and my shoes are red. My hat and shoes…
Which of these is a fact not an opinion?
- That blue matches your style
- The car fits in the garage, but not by much!
- That shirt suits you.
If you think someone’s clothes look nice, you can say:
- Those clothes match you!
- Those clothes fit you!
- Those clothes suit you!
Answer the questions here below on on our social media.